Friday, September 13, 2013

to the uttermost

...God loved me not because I was loveable, but because it was His nature to do so. Now, He says to me, show the same love to others --"Love as I have loved you."

God's love to me is inexhaustible, and I must love others from the bedrock of God's love to me.

Growth in grace stops the moment I get huffed. I get huffed because I have a particular person to walk alongside. Just think how disagreeable I have been to God! Am I prepared to be so identified with the Lord Jesus that His life and His sweetness are being poured out all the time?

Love is a gift. It is a choice. It is inherent in who we are, how we were made. Love is also a discipline that must be maintained.

The knowledge that God has loved me to the uttermost, to the end of all my sin and meanness and selfishness and wrong, will send me forth into the world to love in the same way.

Happy Friday, Friends!
With lots of love from Uncle Oswald and me ♥

(most of this is OC's with just a sprinkle of Q)

No comments:

Post a Comment