Tuesday, August 20, 2013

pocketful of encouragement

Over the past few days, I have been reading one of my favorite books, Pocketful of Pinecones by Karen Andreola. It is a lovely source of encouragement as I look toward the new school year and bringing my own sense of excitement and wonder to our days.

At least twice a year, usually in August and in January, I spend several days enjoying the gentle story, gleaning ideas, storing up treasures for my heart. Each time I come away refreshed, though I have read it many times now.

There is much to be found in its pages, but what touches me most is the story of Carol and her children. The glimpses into her heart as she prepares and makes plans to begin homeschooling --and how that works out on a daily basis-- are a delight and a blessing. She takes such care, she prays, and she dreams. While working to make her home, she stops to listen, to watch, to really see her son and daughter.

Within the pages there are also plenty of Charlotte Mason references (: Whether you are a homeschooler or not, whether you agree with the CM approach or not, there are wonderful suggestions to discover and to consider.

What books are you reading right now?
Which ones do you re-visit?
I am always looking for lovely additions to my bookshelf ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment