For your tea table, here are some of my favorite ways to dress muffins:
• Drizzle blueberry muffins with honey. This combination is just so unexpected and fabulous!
• Top orange cranberry muffins with melted orange marmalade. This makes a beautiful glazed muffin. Or top them with peach freezer jam. The freezer jam should be very cold at the time you serve it. The contrast of a warm muffin and the almost icy freezer jam is wonderful.
• Lemon-poppy muffins with raspberries baked in. Or top them with raspberry jam.
• Strawberry muffins cut in half and toasted with orange butter.
• Bran muffins halved and toasted with homemade apple marmalade.
• Zucchini or carrot muffins with whipped cream cheese and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
• Top apple cinnamon raisin muffins with a powdered sugar glaze.
Try adding combinations of fresh fruit to a plain muffin recipe! Some of my favorite combinations are: lemon-blueberry, triple berry (strawberry, raspberry, blackberry), peach-blueberry, peach-blackberry, apple-cherry.
A few more delicious dressings that will work with most muffins are: strawberry freezer jam, crab apple jelly, muscadine jelly.
I hope that your Saturday has been lovely, and that there was time to sit and to sip tucked in the moments somewhere ♥