Wednesday, December 4, 2013

of tree parties and story time

The sweetlings, Jamie, and I went to Dad's last Saturday to have a little tree decorating party. The children were extremely excited to be invited to help work on Poppy's tree, and it was a lovely, lively time. You should have seen them go! They can get a tree from plain to wonderful in no time (:

As we worked, my job was to unwrap the ornaments. That is my job for our tree decorating at home as well. And I love it! What a blessing to remember the stories behind each ornament and to share those memories. Dad and I had such fun remembering together!

I am looking forward to the time we will spend this coming weekend on our tree here. Telling the stories will be a joy -- and I will hold close the promise of future days, when my sweetlings will share the stories with their own little ones ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment