Wednesday, September 3, 2014

ready, set, go! first days notes

Ah, well, three days down... and how many to go? LoL! Our new school year has begun wonderfully well. Thanks so much for praying with us ♥ The plan is working, we are settling in well, and all is joy so far. My sweetling scholars are excited, and their attitudes have been lovely. How thankful I am!

Once again this year with our schooling in mind, I am focusing my heart with this treasure: "Trust in the Lord and do good; dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture. Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the Lord; trust in Him... Psalm 37: 3-5

And this one as I continue with the vision for our family that God gave years ago and has continued to bless: "Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life, to mind your own business, and to work with your hands, just as we told you... 1 Thes 4:11

And this one, a bit more personally just for me: "By the grace of God, I am what I am, and His grace to me was not without effect... 1 Cor 15:10

I have updated our reading lists in the "what we are reading" tab, and our plan for the year is up in the "our school year" tab. Please do leave a comment or drop me a note if you have suggestions for books for any of the sweetlings. We are always searching for wonderful reads!

On top of everything the Father had already done in this new week, He tucked some special blessings into this afternoon. I delivered Meredith to our precious Jo for her first piano lessons earlier, and it was such a joy to see Jo again - it has been so long! Meredith came in from that lesson just beaming and so excited and looking forward to their next lesson together. Neat, neat, neat!

Samuel, Ila, and I went by the "yellow library" for a visit with Mrs Debbie and to pick up some books, and we had a lovely time catching up. We also were blessed with a way to share some of the materials we have finished using -- and some wonderful new books for our own shelves to keep.

The more I sit still here just now and consider, the more I find I could write ^_^ There are so many things for which to be thankful that I can see in these past three days. So blessed ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment