Thursday, October 9, 2014

stumbly places

"Faith is not in what Jesus says but in Himself;
if we only look at what He says, we will never believe.
When once we see Jesus,
He does the impossible thing as naturally as breathing.

Our agony comes from the willful stupidity of our own heart.
We won't believe, we won't cut the shore line,
we prefer to worry on... struggle on... blunder on..."
~OC

Oh, the contrast here! It tugs and tugs at my heart. The impossible is completely possible for the One who loves us most, cares for us best --as a matter of fact, for Him it is as easy as taking a breath. But we choose - we make the choice on purpose to stumble on - on our own.

How I want to see Him clearly in those stumbly places! My hands and knees are scarred from tumbling, and I find myself so weary of them. Hoping, trusting ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment