Monday, January 26, 2015

beyond

"I have never dared to dream
beyond what I've already seen..."
~Nordeman & Peacock

The sweetlings and I were riding along and singing with a CD a little while ago, and this phrase has taken up residence in my heart and mind in such a way that I find myself in my thoughtful spot again ^_~

Have I? Have you? Do we have our expectations set based only upon our experience or personal frame of reference? How small, how crowded and wearisome our perspectives can be! How stayed and stuck our paradigms.

I want to dwell and dream in the places of His promises:
"immeasurably more than all that we could ever ask or imagine..."
"no eye has seen, no ear heard, no mind conceived..."
"nothing in all creation will be able to separate us..."
"with an everlasting love..."
"for God so loved the world..."

Dreaming beyond... ♥


No comments:

Post a Comment