Wednesday, January 14, 2015

I sing

I sing the mighty power of God that made the mountains rise,
That spread the flowing seas abroad and built the lofty skies.
I sing the wisdom that ordained the sun to rule the day;
The moon shines full at His command, and all the stars obey.

I sing the goodness of the Lord that filled the earth with food;
He formed the creatures with His word, and then pronounced them good.
Lord, how Thy wonders are displayed where'er I turn my eye;
If I survey the ground I tread or gaze upon the sky!

There's not a plant or flow'r below but makes Thy glories known;
And clouds arise and tempests blow by order from Thy throne,
While all that borrows life from Thee is ever in Thy care,
And ev'ry-where that man can be, Thou, God, art present there.
~I Watts

This wonderful old hymn is bopping around in my mind and heart today.
A most excellent following praise to the prayers of my heart from yesterday ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment