Wednesday, July 29, 2015

linen paper squares

Six pencils, the best black ink ever, linen paper squares, Christmas music, and tears. These are the moments and flavors of this very unique afternoon. I have spent it drawing, sketching a tiny portion of my imagination in six colors --with love inked in.

I can't tell you the last time I spent a few hours making my own art. It was pure joy! I cranked up the Christmas music and sang and cried. Making art always makes me think of Mom. I can hear her voice, her laughter as I lay the colors down. And I am blown away and so thankful, and oh how I miss her.

These little squares are to be gifts, ones which I simply cannot wait to share. That is also a legacy from Mom, the gifting of "just a little somethings"...

What an afternoon. So blessed ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment