Monday, August 17, 2015

the first day

Today was our first day of school. If I could, I would jump and shout and dance a little right here, but I am a little weary in the best possible way this afternoon ^_~ It was a wonderful day!

I began it with this... "Teach me to treat all that comes to me with peace of soul and with firm conviction that Your will governs all."

Continued later with this... "Love is very patient, very kind. Love never seeks its own. Love looks to God for grace to help."

And then finally this... "A cup brimful of sweetness cannot spill even a drop of bitter water, no matter how suddenly jarred."

And all of that was tucked into just the first half hour of my day! I hadn't even greeted the sweetlings with "good mornings" and hugs and cuddles and smiles yet, but the Father had me all wrapped up in his arms from the first few words of my time with Him.

It's going to be a gorgeous year -- ups and downs and upside-downs and all :) The sweetlings and I are traveling the world in our studies, in our projects, in our fun, and we are ready! We walked through our new schedule, hopped the US time zones repeatedly, learned some cool stuff and practiced some things we forgot to remember. We sang a little and read a lot. We dined in France for breakfast, Brazil for lunch, and in London for tea time. For dinner, we are striking out for Tanzania! I think that we will rest well and very well tonight!

Thanks more than I can say for praying with us as we began ♥

1st and 2nd quotes: E Elliot
3rd quote: A Carmichael

=====
Notebook Notes: I have updated the "our school year" tab with my study plan for each of the sweetlings. Our "what we are reading" tab has been updated except for this week's library books (will do this evening, I hope). I am adding a tag with this post that will collect the specific posts about our countries and cultures adventures all in one place (the tag is ECC). Hooray for school!

No comments:

Post a Comment