Friday, September 18, 2015

in Him, all things

The sweetlings and I are preparing for a bit of an adventure next week, and we. are. so. excited. They are buzzing around like little bees, making plans, getting ready, stopping every so often to shout or dance. At the moment, I am covered up with details to handle before we are off, but to tell the truth, I am at least as excited as they are! It's a lovely gift to us all, and we are overjoyed.

I was reading my EE this morning, and there was a beautiful statement about God's gifts tucked in the chapter about prayer journaling...

"No gift unrecognized as coming from God is at its own best; therefore many things that God would give us, things even that we need because we are, must wait until we ask for them, that we may know whence they come: when in all gifts we find Him, then in Him we shall find all things." ~ G MacDonald

My heart! I do not want to miss Him anywhere! I want to be watching, careful, intentional about seeking and seeing Him in every single thing. And I am so thankful for the reminder to ask. This adventure gift is not one that I asked Him for specifically, but I am certain that it is a gift in answer to the prayers of my heart last week. How good He is ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment