It's our 100th day of school, and how quickly it has come this year! The sweetlings and I have had a super fun day in every way, so we thought we would share our adventures...
• Ila read our traditional 100 day poem
• We sang a new 100 day song to the tune of Yankee Doodle Dandy
• Each sweetling filled up a hollow 100 with 100 of his/her fingerprints
• We each wrote down five things we've learned in the first 100 days of this school year
• All of us wrote cards with three things we wish we had 100 of
and three things we would NOT want 100 of
• Game time! 100 chart dice game - How many rolls to 100?
• Word game! How many words can we make from the letters in "one hundred"
• M, S, and I drew portraits of themselves at 100 years old
and wrote about what they thought their lives would be like at 100 years old
• Each sweetling graphed the colors of 100 M&M's
• We worked on "If I had 100 ______________" sheets
• M, S and I flipped pennies 100 times and made charts to record the results
• We colored name charts with 100 block grids
• Our snack this afternoon was 100 piece trail mix (ten each of the following):
corn chex, kix, peanuts, raisins, goldfish, pretzels,
marshmallows, M&Ms, chocolate morsels, butterscotch morsels
• As a family, we made a list of 100 things for which we are thankful
• We mapped cities and towns that are 100 miles from our home
To add to the day, Dad and Norma were here for part of the fun and to have lunch with us, and Jamie came home in time to join in this afternoon. What fun!
Praising the Father this afternoon for this wonderful day, for the 100 day mark in our year, and for the days to come. We are so blessed ♥
School notes ♪ ♫ ♪ If you are interested in any of the materials we used or instructions for the games, please give a shout and I will be glad to share : )