Monday, June 6, 2016

a little yellow note

The half-hour to hour or so when the stress of the day gets the better of you and you freak out a little bit, use your outside voice a little bit, and cry a little bit (or a lot a bit)... and your family isn't quite sure what it's all about, though you feel that you have completely and thoroughly explained it (ad nauseum), and your yuck just spills right out...

And then you take a breath and sit down at your desk and you discover a little yellow sticky note that your eldest sweetling has left for you. And it says, "I leave my peace with you. I give my peace to you. ~Jesus"

You realize quite quickly that once again God has shown up in your day, in the very moment that you needed to be reminded that He is here (not out there somewhere floating around - ha!). He sees. He knows. He cares. I am so loved, and I am His (even when I am all yucky). Oh, how thankful I am.

And even though there may still be freak-out-worthy stuff, all is well and very well. Because of Him, and because someone close by was watching and listening for a prompting from Him to write a little yellow note ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment