Thursday, July 14, 2016

daily grams: joy & thanks

Whew! Just sitting down at my desk for the first time since early this morning, it has been a busy day. We are in high gear here with the move, so it seems that every moment there are three or four things I need to be doing! I have been making a point, though, to have a quiet space of time first thing to meet with the Father, to read His word and a devotion, and to journal a bit. That time has been the mainstay of the days of this adventure summer we are living. How thankful I am!

And so, I wanted to share just a small portion of my reading this morning. I've been looking forward to sharing it here all day long, and I hope it blesses you as it has me ♥

"I may feel disappointment and the despair may flood high, but to give thanks is an action and rejoice is a verb and these are not mere pulsing emotions. While I may not always feel joy, God asks me to give thanks in all things because He knows the feeling of joy begins in the action of thanksgiving."

quote from AnnV

No comments:

Post a Comment