Friday, July 29, 2016

everything

To say that when I have come here to write these past days and weeks --everything comes to mind and that I cannot seem to pare it down to decipherable notes or posts-- would be an understatement. We have been moving two households over the past two months and still have projects to do to prepare our former home to sell before mid-August when school begins.

I find myself today, three weeks before summer's end, asking the Father from where the refreshing will come this year. Summertime for us is usually a time of rest and play and of planning and preparing for the upcoming fall and all its busy-ness. It has been His gift to us to have this time to fill our hearts again, to replenish us for the daily days that will gain and gain and gain again a momentum that will extend all the way through next spring.

And so, having had quite the different summer this year, and with an eye to all of its joy and blessings, I wonder how He might make us ready. We are weary. It has been so, so good. It has also been a lot. And so I wonder, and then this morning from my devotion:

"He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the human heart; yet no one can fathom what God has done from beginning to end."

I find that I wait and wonder with joy anew.
And He has done it even today, even as I asked.
Refreshing! ♥

Ecclesiastes 3:11

No comments:

Post a Comment