Tuesday, August 9, 2016

nothing but

I sat quietly and listened with tears as they recounted their past mistakes. The questioning was gentle, respectful but thorough. In order to qualify, one's present and past associations and poor decisions were laid bare and then judged for suitability for the present task.

They were truthful, humble as they shared with a room full of strangers these delicate things.

And as I wiped away the evidence of sadness from my eyes, I was reminded of the Father's own eyes, his heart. That He loves us so much that He made a way for sin to NOT win. That though we are bound and burdened by mistakes, foolishness, our own pride... so many awful things... He offers freedom. Forever. In Christ.

And, friends, that is nothing but the gorgeous, glorious truth ♥

2 comments:

  1. Amen. I think so often of how it was WHILE WE WERE STILL SINNERS that Christ died. I
    Right in the thick of our sin and foolishness, He loved us so very much that He chose to take our sin upon Himself.
    Love you, friend. Love your heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Stacy ♥ aren't we grateful? Love you, too!

      Delete