Saturday, September 24, 2016

simple things

The sweetlings have been out and about with Jamie all day today, so it's quite a different morning and afternoon here all by myself in our house. Just now, I am counting blessings...

a quiet day

a trip to the grocery store

cleaning the bathrooms

cutting and arranging flowers

doing laundry

preparing for Sunday

planning and prep for supper

working on school plans

studying for CBS

writing a little

reading a little

Oh, to be able to do these simple things! As I was working just now, the thought struck me again, what a privilege it is to be able to work, plan, prepare for my family. To have the time to stop for a little break to write or to read is a gift, a gift! A few quiet hours in which to be alone (thinking in a straight line ^_^ not speaking a word aloud), and then that these hours will find me at their end longing for my JMSI to return.

Can you imagine? Me with all of the grand plans I made and make still, enjoying -more than I ever thought possible- a day like this? Standing in the kitchen, grinning madly over the ideas that popped to mind for our meal this evening? Imagining the children's eyes alight when they come home to find that I have made homemade lime-aid (using Grana Jane's lemonade recipe) as a treat, just because there was a gorgeous bag of limes at the market? Cleaning bathrooms, not as drudgery, but with a mind only to bless my family?

So, I add to my list... a transformation in me. That God would take the time to help me learn again and again the gift of contentment, and that He allows me to see. And then, finally, this: "Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life, to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, just as we told you." What a day ♥

quote is 1 Thessalonians 4 verse 11

No comments:

Post a Comment