Friday, September 30, 2016

to ask

"God teaches us to ask so that He may answer our prayers.

Let's never forget that some of  His greatest mercies are His refusals. He says no in order that He may, in some way we cannot imagine, say yes. All His ways are merciful. His meaning is always love."

That first statement up there reached out and took hold of my heart this morning. I hadn't ever really thought about it that way. We are encouraged, taught, invited, challenged again and again to ask...

Then the words following met me just where I am today. It's Mom's birthday, one of my favorite days of the year. Though I am missing her deep, so deep, the Father took the time today to remind me of His great mercy and love. And so I celebrate so many things today. Just. so. many. things. ♥

quote from EE

No comments:

Post a Comment