Making note of the thankful things again today. Just a jot here and a phrase or two there through the hours of the day add up to just so much. Just. So. Much.
• the look on Jamie's face when he comes in (even when he is so weary)
he sees me and his eyes light and he smiles and we are both home
• the view from my little writing spot (under the trees)
and all of the new views I've been gifted with lately
• the sweetlings' chatter and joy, questions and play
even their frustrations and challenges - music! joy!
• friends who pray, taking up with so much love the
cry of my heart from yesterday and sending a note to
say, yes! I will pray with you
• silly songs we sing (and can't get out of our heads)
over and over, until we laugh and someone yells won't
we please find something else to get stuck in there
• daily bread and not only just - much more
• wonder - the delight of seeing, and of fresh crisp
paper and a wonderful pen to seal the moment
• feeling well, greeting the day as a gift
• new recipes for fall, a peanut butter and honey
panini and hot spiced cider - yum & double yum!
• that breeze - oh, my heart! sweet and cool it breathes
life into summer-weary imagination and we are all set
for new adventure
• and finally this - and always this: "Yahweh your God
is among you, a warrior who saves. He will rejoice over
you with gladness. He will bring you quietness with His
love. He will delight in you with shouts and songs of joy."
from Zephaniah 3:17
The moments of this day come and go more quickly than
I can write all that there is to say ♥