Monday, May 8, 2017

just how

Sweetest moment of the day so far...

Sitting at the dining room table having lunch with my sweetlings, the conversation loud, playful, and often wonderfully silly, and my son stops still, mid-sentence and asks, "Mom, just how do you know when God is speaking to you? How does he call you? How do you know for sure it's Him?"

With those three questions, we find that the conversation changes in the altogether. No longer loud, we are gentle and quiet, hopeful and earnest. No longer playful, we are quite serious and filled to bursting with joy and wonder. No longer silly, we are amazed and just so very, very thankful.

We talked over their stories and mine --of God's faithfulness. What a gift not always to be the one telling, but to be told!

We remembered the days He called each one of us personally to come and be a part of His family. We shared the ways we know He speaks and makes Himself known in our lives. We reminded one another that He has promised to be found if we seek Him with all our hearts.

The sweetlings helped me tell my own stories, so familiar now to them, of God's great grace and of His sharing with me the callings on my life. They remembered the foot lamp times that I had told them about when the Father shared His heart for days to come with me when I asked.

And I reminded them of so many things, some they could recall and others not, that God has done in answer to their prayers. So much He has done already in their lives!

Oh, the joy of those sweet moments, this day ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment