Sunday, July 30, 2017

the glories and wonders

Riding to church this morning, we, as usual, were searching for some wonderful music to enjoy. Failing to find anything on the radio, we popped in our Sunday morning mix and Big Daddy Weave's Joy to the World spilled out all over us :) You know what I mean, yeah? There's just something about that banjo and the way Mike Weaver sings "glaw-ry." So sweet!

Well, as the last verse was sung (and good gracious how many times have I sung and heard that verse?), I was then and am still this minute as I write --blown away. Prepare yourself, I pray you will see it, too...

"He rules the world with truth and grace and makes the nations prove the glories of his righteousness and wonders of His love."

Now if you sang that (lol - it's hard not to!), go back and read it again and don't pause after prove.

Boom! Right? I'm not going to connect the dots much more, but when I read that for what it really says, peace! Such peace! I don't have to worry, because of Who He IS.

Happy Christmas, friends, right here in the very last hours of July ♥

Quoting text from Isaac Watts' "Joy to the World"

No comments:

Post a Comment