Monday, July 10, 2017

the moment just before

"There is a moment, a simple moment before history gets recorded, before it goes in the books, before it appears as a question on a game show or on a mid-term exam. A moment right before the headline is written. There is a moment when history lives in the present. When we can watch it unfold in real time right before our very eyes and we can all assume our place in it. Some people live for history. We live for the moment just before."

The moment just before.

Follower of Christ, you who love Jesus, know this. We also live for the moment just before. The moment before making a decision of any kind: the words we speak, the actions we take, each thought, each attitude, the choices we make about priorities, absolutely everything. God has made us a promise - that He is in those moments with us, and that He will give us a way to avoid temptation and sin.

We stop in the moment just before. We pray, asking for His help. He will be found if we seek Him, you know that full well. He will help us with each decision, with the words we choose in any and every situation, the way we act and respond, the way we think, the attitudes we wear, the choice about the priorities in our lives, our moments, our days. Every single thing. And then we can watch with joy and thankfulness beyond expression as our history is written in Him.

Be glad! It is such a thankful thing, that moment just before ♥

The quote above came from a CNN newscast, the network speaking of itself. I thank them for that.
Oh, it spoke to me of myself as well - for it calls me to remember just who He is, who it is that I am,

and what He has put in place for me - for every moment just before ♥

2 comments:

  1. I blog often and I seriously appreciate your information. The article has truly peaked my interest.
    I'm going to bookmark your site and keep checking for new details about once per week.

    I subscribed to your RSS feed as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there :) Thank you for the note! It is a lovely encouragement to know you are here. I am going to be praying as you read. ♥Q

      Delete